Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sweet Potato Time!

I know I said we were going to wait until Isabella was 6 months to start solids, but we decided today was the day. Isabella is 5 and a half months. She is doing fantastic with sitting up and her very first tooth is poking through! I thought we'd give solids a shot. I took Isabella to Whole Foods. We got some sweet potatoes, acorn squash, pumpkin, carrots, green beans and peas. Today I made some sweet potatoes to start with. Tomorrow, I'll work on cooking up and freezing the others. After Izzy's afternoon nap, we sat her down and tried out the sweet potatoes. She seemed a little confused at first, then seemed to like it a little. She wasn't going nuts for the food, but seemed interested. I'll also post a video of her trying them out. I can't wait until she's more excited about trying new foods! I really enjoyed making her baby food and I think it will be a lot of fun!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for sweet potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures as always!
Sweet potatoes have been a favorite of all my kids. Good start!
Looking forward to the next visit!
Love, Shannon