Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cousie's at play!

Hello!
Here are some new pictures of Isabella and her cousin Brooklynn playing last weekend. The girls had a blast! Saturday we took them swimming, then Sunday, Brooklynn and Aunt Amber came over for play time! We bought Isabella a play slide that we found on Craigslist for a great deal, then also got her a picnic table/water & sand table that was on clearence at Target. She loves both of them! Now we have a good supply of fun outdoor toys! It's even more reason for Izzy to love to go outside or "side" as she calls it.
We've had a lot going on around here lately. Damon is here for most of the summer and Izzy is beyond delighted to have "DeeDee" here.
Our cat Cole was/is critically ill. We noticed him acting a little weird starting last week, but we didn't know if it was just the heat getting to him, then when he was nearly skin and bones and very lethargic and disoriented, we decided to take him to the vet. I took him in Monday and good thing, because our vet said he would not have lasted much longer. He was in kidney failure. Most likely, it's chronic kidney failure. He had to be hospitalized from Monday night until today. They had him on IV fluids and he feels much better. It's still touch and go with him. He have to just wait and see. He's on a special kidney diet, antibiotics, a vitamin and has to return twice weekly for 2 weeks for more fluids, then once weekly for a couple weeks. We're not sure how he'll do without the fluids, so we may have to end up doing them indefinatly at home if he needs it. Jeremy can do them if needed. He's done them before at the shelter and just needs a refresher. Needless to say, it set us back quite a bit, but we're happy to have our little kitty boy back and feeling much better.
On a couple personal notes, not to hijack Izzy's blog, I have decided to start back at school starting this fall. It'll be super tough, being a mommy, working full time and doing school, but I feel like I need to complete my education. I'll be starting out at part time to see how well I can handle everything. I'm excited to get started! Also, we did a Biggest Loser competition at my work. We had 12 weeks to see who could loose the most weight. We all pitched in $5. 44 people participated and it ended yesterday. Guess who won! It was me!!! I lost 13lbs and 8.28% of my body weight and won $220! As you might guess, I was thrilled!!!
Ok, enough about me, back to Izzy. She is really doing great and amazes me everyday with how smart she is. Her vocabulary is exploding!! First and formost in her chatter is all of the characters of Sesame Street. The girl is obsessed! She can now say Elmo "Elbow", Zoe, Abby, Ernie "Ernoy", Bert "Bir"and Cookie Monster "Coo Coo".
Tomorrow, I am taking Izzy to Sprouts, a kid's salon for her first hair cut! I am super excited and of course as always, I'll take many pictures!

























2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute pictures Rheanna. Will we be seeing you on Saturday?

Debby/Mom said...

What cute pics! The two cousins look like they were having an absolute blast together!